When the sea broke through the Agger isthmus in 1825, it became possible to sail into the Limfjord from the west, and the good water depth at Krik made the loading site very busy. Unlike previous shipping trade which was carried out directly from the west coast of Jutland, it was now possible to load and unload ships safely, and a jetty was built for this purpose.
The fishermen could also benefit by sailing through the canal and landing their haul in calmer waters. The Port of Thyborøn was built in 1915-18, and a town quickly sprang up around the harbour. In 1926, a natural harbour was built on the Agger side, and in 1971 Agger Harbour was established. Today the harbour is mainly used by yachtsmen, and Krik Vig inlet is well known as a good place for windsurfing and kitesurfing.
In the mid-1800s, warehouses were built in Krik in connection with the corn exports. Later the warehouses were used to store imported timber, coal, concrete and fertiliser. There was a timber yard with saw mill and storage buildings. The coal used for lighting Lodbjerg lighthouse was landed here and transported to Lodbjerg by cart. When the Department of Hydraulic Engineering began their extensive coastal protection work at Agger, all the material was sailed to Krik. Stones and concrete from the jetty were transported to the breakwaters on a tip wagon track.
One of the warehouses has been kept and is situated in a beautiful location very close to the sea. The warehouse was carefully restored in 1999 and is now a gallery where you can buy works of art and antiques. The gallery is open during the summer.