This page has been translated using AI technology. While we strive for accuracy, please be aware that automated translations may not capture all nuances and subtleties of the original text.
Download the National Park Thy app
The app guides you through the beautiful and rugged landscape of National Park Thy. Use it as a guide for great nature experiences or as a navigator along exciting routes through the forest and dunes. The app contains maps with the option to choose different layers, including locations and routes. The app works offline, so there are no roaming charges or long waiting times, although there are some places where you can search for more information online.
Outdoor Map of National Park Thy
The outdoor map of National Park Thy is the perfect guide for your experiences in the national park. The map provides an overview of all hiking, riding, and cycling routes. You can also find all necessary facilities such as parking areas, shelters, toilet facilities, and lookout towers. The map is made of specially durable stone paper that can withstand both wear and rain. It consists of two maps, one showing the northern part and the other showing the southern part of the national park. The scale is 1:20,000.
The outdoor map can be purchased at Lodbjerg Fyr, the Information House at Stenbjerg landing site, and National Park Center Thy in Vorupør for 100 DKK.
If you're not near Thy but want to get the outdoor map so you can prepare for your next trip, the map can be purchased online via the following link: Scanmaps
Brochures and overview maps
Links to more
- Naturstyrelsen Thy (The Danish Naturen Agency) has released a series of brochures about the plantation areas in Thy. You can find them here: NST turfoldere (in Danish, but with maps)
- Naturstyrelsen's website about activities in nature, in English, can be accessed at the following link: Naturstyrelsen Activities in Nature (English)
- udinaturen.dk is excellent for planning a trip in the wilderness. You can explore the map of Denmark, find routes, facilities, attractions, and more: Udinaturen
- The Calazo publishing house has created a water-resistant map of the national park (1:25,000 scale). It can be purchased online through Friluftsland: Calazo Nationalpark Thy
- On Thy360.dk, you can find current events and activities, as well as regular experiences and leisure activities in Thy. Unfortunately, the website is only available in Danish: Thy360